10 Simple Ways to Lose Weight Naturally At Home in Two Weeks
So if you are here, that means you are looking for a natural solution to burn all your body fat specially belly fat and get the shape you always crave.
I think you will agree with me when I say, overweight and obesity are very common because of our lifestyle, the food we eat and the job we do.
But does it mean that you shouldn’t try to lose weight? Losing weight is not a choice but it is a necessity if you are looking forward for a healthy life.
So, just stick with me! And I promise that by the end of this article you will get to know how you can lose weight naturally at home without leaving your lifestyle.
In just two weeks you can’t lose all the pounds of bad fat, but changes will be noticeable from the very first day.
So What Is Lose Weight Naturally all about?
Every human being needs certain amount of energy to get through the day. This energy comes from the nutrition that we take in (from the food) and is generally measured in terms of calories or kilocalories.
This energy requirements vary from person to person, their occupation, the amount of exercise, the speed at which your body burns the calories (aka metabolic rate).
At the end of the day, if you take in more calories than your body actually needs you are going to be fatter.
And for losing calories the concept is the reverse where you need to burn more and consume fewer calories!
No matter what type of food you are eating for energy (which includes both carbohydrates and fats), you are going to keep getting fatter as long as you are taking in more energy than you burning.
Thus, you will only lose weight if you are taking in less energy than you need.
Why lose weight?
According to NHS.UK, if you’re overweight or obese, you have a higher risk of:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Some types of cancer
- Back pain
Which are definitely not doable for you
10 Simple Ways to Lose Weight Naturally
There are several ways to do so, and here I will talk about the best 10 natural ways to lose weight.
#1 Water (Drink Lots of It)
Your body uses water to move the nutrients required into the places in your body and also removes waste from your body. Water has zero calories. Drinking plenty of water will naturally reduce the amount of food that you think you have to eat.
- 8 Glasses of water per day should be a good start.
- When you wake up, the first thing in the morning as you can take a glass of mildly hot water with lemon and honey.
- Drink 2 glasses of water before you consume Tea or Coffee to replace the lost fluid. Same goes for some medicines and herbs.
- If you are on diet and you feel hungry, try to drink 2 to 3 glasses of water and wait sometime. It might suppress your hunger.
#2 Balance Your Diet
Instead of eating protein and carbohydrate rich foodstuffs in the same meal, eat them at different times in different meals for better and quicker digestion.
Bulk up your meal with vegetables.
- Try to eat five or six small portions of meal every day.
- Chew your food many more times than you have in the past.
- Forget the idea of starving.
#3 Eat More Vegetables
Make it a habit of eating a large green salad every day.
- Put a limit on starchy vegetables such as potatoes, beets, sweet potatoes and yams. (Once in a week is OK but if you then eat them, try to do so early).
- Eat water filled vegetables such as cucumber and celery, these vegetables keep you completely hydrated adding very few calories.
Do not eat fried vegetables instead steam them.
#4 Start Eating Fruits
Yes. This is true and we all are well-aware of it. Only nobody likes to apply it in their day-to-day life. But the time has come for you to include fruits, in your diet.
Fruits are low in calories (exactly what you need). They are efficient in vitamins, antioxidants, water and fiber. So there is no reason to not eat fruits.
You should eat ripe fruit on an empty stomach. Give it 30 to 45 minutes before you consume anything else.
But what fruits to eat? Here are some of them:
Include a significant percentage of negative calorie foods in your everyday diet will inevitably provide a big boost for your fat loss efforts.
Some of the negative calorie foods are Asparagus, Beet, Broccoli, Carrot, Cauliflower, Cucumber etc.
#5 Include Green Tea In Your Diet
Green tea is packed with antioxidants called Catechins and caffeine (of course caffeine is lesser when compared to coffee). Green tea raises metabolic rate of the body. Which helps to increase the rate of burning of calories! It also helps to decrease the natural appetite of a man. Therefore, you will automatically feel like not eating and ultimately it will aid in the consumption of fewer calories.
#6 Get Yourself to Workout
While exercising or working out, you will be definitely burning out some additional calories over and above those calories which you are using.
Consequently, this exact routine when you can follow daily for a few weeks will 100% help you to get rid of the additional weight you have gained. If regular exercise is not familiar to you, I will recommend you to start as soon as possible and be friends with it.
What form of exercise is best for me?
If overall goal is to burn the extra pounds of fat, then you need to start with Aerobic exercise. Aerobic exercises are generally better at burning fat than anaerobic exercise.
As an example, because of the effects of gravity, weight-bearing exercises such as jogging, running and walking are more effective for burning fat.
But I don’t have time for exercise
Oh no! That is not true! In fact, it is completely illogical! Every man can make out some time for exercise if they apply some time management skills in their life and of course, you just have the determination for doing it!
If you don’t have any time then doing these can be helpful:
- Get off to three stops early to your work and walk the rest of the way.
- Cycle to work once in a week- Another extremely useful activity, cycling which is enjoyable as well as beneficial for everyone.
- Park your car away from your office and walk rest of the way.
- Use the stairs whenever you can (a person weighing 150 pounds will burn 12.5 calories per minute climbing stairs). 15 minutes of your lunch to do some serious step climbing-
- Create a program of enjoyable exercise that the whole family can indulge in. For example walking around the park, house cleaning etc.
- Domestic chores, like washing, gardening, vacuums and other tasks.
As we are starting with the basics, no one can deny that walking is the best form of exercise.
The benefits and effects of walking are many:
You don’t need fancy equipment, which means no spending money
- A brisk 30-minute walk burns 200 calories. Over time, calories burned can lead to pounds dropped, according to Arthritis Foundation.
- The number of calories you are going to burn by walking is very much dependent on you! The faster you walk the more you burn calories!
- Helps prevent type-2 diabetes
- Prevents heart diseases
So, you must be able to assume the number of benefits you are getting from walking. So, go get walking!
#8 No To Carbonated Drinks Or Soft Drinks
Experts say you will lose as much as 15 pounds a month when you stop drinking all carbonated drinks. Cola contains a lot of sugar and can sabotage your weight loss goals.
Body loves to store sugar. If all of this sugar is not worked off immediately it can go straight to the areas on your body where you collect stubborn fat.
#9 Make Your Own Food
One way to lose weight is to make your own food every day. You will reinvent the way you enjoy the foods you consume and even cut back on the amount of calories you eat.
In fact when it comes to being one of the most natural ways to lose weight making your own food is one of the best approaches to cutting calories.
- Roast your vegetables before you cook.
- Add spices to enhance the taste.
- Use cooking oil spray whenever you can to cut down thousands of calories.
#10 Start Practicing Yoga
Yoga can benefit you in every possible way and not only weight loss!
Your weight loss efforts will surely get a boost when you follow a balanced diet and practice yoga religiously.
Some yoga poses, which will help you to not only lose weight but increase your mindfulness and immunity.
Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
It stretches the abdominal region, which helps in losing fat.
Cobra Stretch (Bhujangasana)
It is also one of the easiest poses of yoga, but it is highly effective. Doing this daily can surely help in losing extra pounds.
Sun Salutation(Surya Namaskar)
Surya Namaskar is another wonderful yoga pose for beginners. And for those, who don’t have much time. It consists of 12 poses or sequences. But as a beginner, you can focus on it regardless. It releases 400+ calories in 30 mins which is greater when compared to any other activity.
This list is by no means exhaustive and there are certain other yoga poses for a workout.
Overall, people looking to lose weight should consider how many calories they are taking in compared with the number of calories that they are burning.
You do not need to take chemical-based or even natural diet pills, nor is there any need for following a strictly regimented diet that adheres to the guidelines set out by a particular diet plan.
All those things do is take your money, whereas losing weight naturally really needs nothing more than a sensible program of exercise to prompt your body to burn calorie energy more quickly combined with a sensible, balanced diet.
Also, remember that it doesn’t happen overnight so don’t lose motivation and keep hustling until you lose your weight.